The “Instituto Valenciano de Acción Social” (Valencian Institute of Social Action) (IVAS) is a public entity under the auspices of the Regional Ministry for Equality and Inclusive Policies, which mission is to provide for people in need of social care the necessary support for their comprehensive development.
IVAS aims to consolidate a quality service that responds, in a participatory way, to the needs and demands of people who are part of our organization or request our services.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES TO GUIDE ATTENTION OF PEOPLE WITH ID AND THEIR FAMILIES
• From a service model to a support model.
• To guarantee the exercise of rights of persons with disabilities.
• Plans and actions based on the person’s objectives.
• From an institutional model to a participation in the community.
- Social Action Services
• Employment Service (Employment Agency)
• Social Care Service
• Management Packages Service
- Specific Services
• Services for people with intellectual disabilities.
• Residential Service.
• Sheltered Houses Service.
• Day centre Service.
• Occupational training Service.
• Employment Service (Special Employment Centre).
• Summer Camps Service.
- Service for patients with brain damage (Day centre service)
- Service for elderly people (Day centre service)
- European projects Service
IVAS THEORETICAL FRAMEWORKS
• ICF Disability Concept.
• Paradigm of support.
• Quality of life (QoL) Concept.
• Concepts of Ethic and Rights.
• Rights of persons with Disabilities ( UN Convention, Law 1/2013)
• Approach focus on the person.
• Social Inclusion.
• Rights of persons and ethical treatment of people.